Author Topic: Vicki the Street  (Read 8970 times)

Offline scootin800

• VXaholic
  • skidder
Re: Vicki the Street
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2014, 01:31:48 PM »
 If you didn't, it helps to let the air out of the rear tire to get it in there.  A 140/80 or 130/90 is much easier to get in.

Seat lock goes bolts to the backside of the left side passenger footrest bracket w/the lock sticking out between the bars.
'91 VX800
'00 Intruder engine
'07 M50 transmission
3 1/2" Rox risers
Hepco rack & engine guards

Offline bexupnorth

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2014, 07:48:13 AM »
Thanks Scootin, that makes sense as the rear tyre was flat when I took the wheel off the bike and I was looking on the wrong side for the seat lock mount.  Hopefully some big progress tonight then!

Ade.

Offline ErTussenDoor

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2014, 11:00:43 AM »
The seat lock is mounted on the passenger footrest on the left side.

Andr

Offline MarkT

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2014, 05:37:37 PM »
Exactly, there are two threaded holes in the backside of the passenger foot peg bracket.  The keyhole sets just between the "V" of the bracket.
=====================
In my garage: '08 Honda VFR800A (15k miles)    '02 Suzuki GS500 (8k miles)

Past:  '93 Suzuki VX800 (6k miles)    '82 Yamaha XZ550R 'Vision'
=====================

Offline bexupnorth

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2015, 05:47:44 AM »
No pics yet (go figure) but I did find these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251558050812

Titanium brake pins for the rear brake... well it would be rude not to.

Part No. matches the one in the manual though the seller doesn't list the VX as a possible fitment. The dimensions match my measurements so pretty confident they'll fit  :wacko:

Offline Vishnuisgod

• Administrator
  • VXaholic
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2015, 06:08:53 PM »
I like their claim to reduce unsprung weight, what all of 5 maybe 10 grams????  Youll have to tell us if they are actually ti (or at least not steel).... the lack of corrosion may make it a worthwhile upgrade.
must.
go.                             My CJD is clearing up.
faster.

Offline bexupnorth

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2015, 05:15:00 AM »
Pins arrived and are now fitted. They are Ti (as far as I can tell). Have a nice satin sheen to them and weigh about half of the original steel ones so I'm expecting a noticeable improvement in handling from the reduced unsprung weight  :ph34r: They do look fab though and are beautifully made, seems a shame to put the pad cover over them.

If my original pins weren't totally goosed, I wouldn't have bothered, but for the little extra they cost it would have been rude not to. Also useful to see the fitment list should you be struggling to get bits.

Ade

Offline bexupnorth

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2015, 09:54:00 AM »
Finally got my act together and posted some pictures

So what am I doing here? The previous owner had dropped the tank while in storage and this was my attempt to pull the dent out using a slide hammer.

I think it came out quite well though it would have been better if id taken a "before"

Best news of the weekend is that I got the motor running and had a quick spin round the drive. All done using what petrol I could get into the crabs as I'm struggling to find the vacuum point on the rear carb either I've found it and it's blocked or I haven't found it...

Anyhow, here's a picture if her pretty much back together

The exhaust is really quite sensible in terms of noise. More effort needed to get her for a proper test but it's all progress...

Offline Vishnuisgod

• Administrator
  • VXaholic
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2015, 01:36:36 PM »
must.
go.                             My CJD is clearing up.
faster.

Offline bexupnorth

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2015, 04:24:16 AM »
Sorry buddy, google reckons that URL wasn't found on the server?

Presumably it's a picture of the vacuum point on the rear carb? I've found a brass take off that points approx 45 degrees back and up on the right hand side (if you're sat astride the bike the right way round) but when I plug the tube from the petcock onto it, the motor refuses to start. Soon as I unplug it she fires right up. Hence my comment above about it being blocked (hope it isn't as I think I did a thorough job of cleaning the carbs).

Offline ErTussenDoor

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2015, 04:37:32 AM »
The petcock vacuum comes from the left of the rear carb:

Offline bexupnorth

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2015, 07:51:04 AM »
Yeah that's definitely not the one I was looking at. Pretty sure the manual says the take off is on the right hand side of the rear carb too. I guess that's what you get for following instructions!

Thanks for the photo, I've got some garage time possible Thursday night so will see if I can get her running a bit longer than 5 minutes.  :lol:

Offline MarkT

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2015, 11:40:03 AM »
The manual has an inverted image - several have mirror images and several other errors in reference to arrow numbers/letters. The vacuum take-off is on left side as you sit on the bike (For rear carb).  Picture is correct.

Remember, this manual was made in the day of film negatives and real photoshops, not Adobe Photoshop.
=====================
In my garage: '08 Honda VFR800A (15k miles)    '02 Suzuki GS500 (8k miles)

Past:  '93 Suzuki VX800 (6k miles)    '82 Yamaha XZ550R 'Vision'
=====================

anything