Author Topic: My unnamed VX  (Read 17623 times)

Offline Kratoxy

Re: My unnamed VX
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2021, 04:17:00 PM »
Today was the day! I got my license and the bikes got it's plate! I've just been riding it all day and having fun, and in doing so discovering some issues I have to address. Clutch is slipping, and it's leaking oil, from what seemingly seems to be the middle split of the block underneath sadly. Oh well,  it runs!

I'll update a little bit of what has been going on.

Last time I mentioned I had gotten new tires, I got them mounted and balanced!

I rebuilt the rear master cylinder, I also rebuilt the rear and front calipers, the old pistons had some pitting in them.

I also replaced the seals on the front shocks, I was gonna replace the bushings but they sent me the wrong ones... At least they seal now, one of them was leaking quite badly.

Here you see the far too big bushing.

Next on the list: Fix clutch slipping, and find out how to stop that oil leak.

If anyone has any good ideas of what I should do, please don't hesitate to let me know :)

Offline Kratoxy

« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2021, 06:09:26 AM »
After searching the forum a bit about clutch slipping, I decided to order the EBC CSK162 clutch spring kit, also ordered a gasket just in case. Hopefully that's enough and I don't have to replace the entire clutch pack. Springs going weak seems like a common problem anyways, so it's probably smart if I do end up buying a new clutch anyways.

Offline Kratoxy

« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2021, 02:55:39 PM »
So the bike is leaking oil, and it's coming from under the panel on the left side of the engine, pretty sure. I "think" it's the oil seal for the clutch linkage. Anyone know what's common to leak under here? I cleaned it out with brake clean, but it's hard to see where it's coming from, but the front part of the inside of the panel has oil on it, so I'm gonna try to replace that oil seal, unless someone has a much better idea.

Other than that, she's a beaut.

Offline Kratoxy

« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2021, 06:41:36 PM »
Oh yeah, no more oil leak!!

Already put hundreds of kilometers on it just this week, clutch is still slipping but springs are on their way.

anything