Author Topic: Fork Boots wanted  (Read 1781 times)

Offline craigo

Fork Boots wanted
« on: June 15, 2015, 11:45:57 AM »
Hi all, I know some members here have installed fork boots with a variety of styles. I'm looking for black boots that look like what you'd find on a street bike (not dirt bike). Pic attached of my BMW for example. Two questions:

1. I know the fork is 41mm, anyone have the lower diameter or the length of the exposed tube handy?

2. From experience, can anyone recommend a link to buy them (and a pic would be helpful)?

Many thanks,

Craig 

Offline Rick

• VXaholic
  • 76 yrs. old. Every day above ground is a good day
Re: Fork Boots wanted
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 12:28:12 PM »

Offline craigo

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 12:49:27 PM »
Hi Rick, thanks for the note. I did read your post previously and many thanks, your bike looks great.
But what I'm looking for are motorcycle fork boots that have ribs with a consistent diameter (yours look like thinner ribs towards the top). Or else the dimensions to find some matching ones. If I can't find the perfect ones, these auto boots sure look good (and affordable)!

Thanks,

Craig

Offline Vishnuisgod

• Administrator
  • VXaholic
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 01:23:29 PM »
Craig,
try this link....

http://bfy.tw/Lfk

try ebay....
must.
go.                             My CJD is clearing up.
faster.

Offline craigo

Re: Fork Boots wanted/now installed
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 01:09:32 PM »
For anyone interested, I purchased and installed fork boots from Dime City: http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintage-style-fork-boots-covers-aka-gaiters.html. They fit nicely.

I also added a Bikemaster Euro bar (nice downward bend), Napoleon bar ends, Low brow grips (nice an fat), and an Emgo fairing. The fairing needed alot of custom carving around the signals and gauges. I think I'll remove the fairing, but it was worth a look and a learning experience.

I'm still looking for hard factory luggage (or Hepco), brackets and bags if anyone has them available, just let me know!

Thanks,

Craig

anything