Author Topic: Emgo Fairing  (Read 1913 times)

Offline craigo

Emgo Fairing
« on: June 15, 2015, 11:49:11 AM »
Hi all, I posted this in the classified as well (looking to buy a new or used Emgo viper/cafe fairing), but can anyone with experience let me know if the universal gloss black Emgo cafe fairings work well or look decent on the bike? Any trouble fitting the stock turn signals, handlebar etc.? Is it cool or is it just clunky looking?

Thanks,

Craig

Offline craigo

Re: Emgo Fairing/installed
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 01:19:38 PM »
For anyone interested, I purchased and installed the Emgo Cafe Fairing. The fairing needed alot of custom carving with a dremel tool around the signals and gauges to fit nice and tight and look decent. It would need a proper edging with gloss black, thin, automotive door trim to look pro. I also needed to swap out the stock headlight bolts for something that could be tightened/loosened without having to take out the headlight. I used a longer-than-stock 8mm bolt with the head inside the bucket, nuts on both sides of the bucket to hold the headlight position tight, and enough thread left over to attach/remove the fairing without disturbing the headlight.

I think I'll remove the fairing, but it was worth a look and a learning experience.

I also added a Bikemaster Euro bar (nice downward bend), Napoleon bar ends, Low brow grips (nice an fat),a nd some fork boots from Dime City. I used a small plastic bolt from the auto parts store to fill the hole left by the stock mirrors.

I'm still looking for hard factory luggage (or Hepco), brackets and bags if anyone has them available, just let me know!

Thanks,

Craig

Offline danric

Re: Emgo Fairing
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 02:41:19 AM »
I'm looking for a sportster style headlight fairing for my vx but I cant find any fairing made to suit an 8 inch headlight :(

Offline Vishnuisgod

• Administrator
  • VXaholic
Re: Emgo Fairing
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 11:05:59 PM »
thats because the headlight is a 7" head light.
Yes it may measure 8" when you measure the bucket and everything, but really its about the size of the glass.

Look for a 7" headlight fairing
must.
go.                             My CJD is clearing up.
faster.