Author Topic: VX Café Style from Germany  (Read 360 times)

Offline Oroubas

VX Café Style from Germany
« on: July 03, 2018, 11:06:06 AM »
Hi Everyone.

I got this VX by Accident and decided to change a few things, so it looks and rides like something that fits me.
Its an US Import VX with a mile speedo and the US Engine characteristics.

I wanted to create a Cafe styled look, without destroying the Original VX Character. I've cut the Frame and Plastics. The Plastics where put together again with glass Fiber. Everything was painted then with a paint from AUDI, because i worked for Audi till january 2018. Its Nova Grey. Grey with a bit of Brown.
The Seat was cut too, and then was redone from a saddler.
The whole Bike was planned as a Budget Bike, so at the end it should fit the value of an old VX. it worked :D

I Used a Fehling M Bar. I think its called clubman in english? My english is not perfect, especially when it gets technical. I hope, thats not a too big problem.

The mirrors were found on Ebay Germany and are from Suzuki. I was looking for mirrors that are short. perfect for me.
The front fender was also cut smaller from the original Fender.

The License plate is located on the left side and was made out of scrap metal. Turn signals are just small ones from one of our big German Bike Retail shops.

Things i still have to do are the clutch ( VX Problem with the clutch cage.. ) And new progressive Springs on the Fork. In the Back i have Koni Suspension.

Ah, and before i forget: She has about 31K Miles.
Everything was made by me and i tryed to keep the costs as low as possible. Most expensive stuff was the saddlers work on the seat, but still cheap.

Greetings and i hope you like it. Feel free to ask and i'll try to answer as good as i can.
Jules

Offline Michael Star

Re: VX Café Style from Germany
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 05:32:27 PM »
Very very nice.
Good job on paint.
Any tips how to weld plastic together?
Thinking of a mod to front fender.

anything