Author Topic: '91 VX for sale in SF Bay Area  (Read 3151 times)

hero_zero

'91 VX for sale in SF Bay Area
« on: August 27, 2004, 10:56:06 AM »
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area, have put in a new Interstate Battery ($80+ on sale!), front EBC HH pads, EBC rotor, Galfers braided lines (rear still needs installing), replaced head bearings, fork seals done, recovered stock seat with what I was told Mercedes perforated leather, plus Corbin seat. I've not done much else, but believe it needs either carb cleaning (due to FAQ slide sticking) or a tuneup. It really hates to cold start. Sounds like it wants to start, but just doesn't quite catch. Some dings and scrapes from what looks like a low speed drop (not me). Just did a 500 mile round trip to Squaw Valley and back. Pictures on request. Just having too much fun with the Vstrom to ride the VX. $1600 obo.

If interested, send Roland an email at:

BritshIron@aol.com
or
veetwinrider@yahoo.com

« Last Edit: August 27, 2004, 11:02:26 AM by bwbacon »

Offline vtwin

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 11:50:04 AM »
Due to depression, when I almost had the bike sold, I've decided to take it off the market. I've looked at other bikes in it's category and only could come up with a few that just didn't measure up. I think this bike compliments my usual ride, the DL650, and it's a keeper. :rolleyes:  So it's off the market now. Thanks all.

roland

Offline etz

• http://
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2005, 11:03:30 PM »
I know exactly what you mean, except I didn't pull out in time.  

Good luck with your VX re-birth.
Etz    -    VXRA#30
'05 FJR1300 (got it!) - '02 Bandit 1200S - '91 ZX6 (broken) - '78 Puch (sold)- '91 VX800 (sold)

Offline Brian

• VXaholic
    • http://www.vx800.net
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 01:52:00 AM »
Roland

Starting problems are ofen related to plugs on the VX - I would start with a fresh set and check the HT leads

Brian
VXRA01

Offline vtwin

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2005, 05:18:21 PM »
Roland

Starting problems are ofen related to plugs on the VX - I would start with a fresh set and check the HT leads

Brian
Thanks all for the support. Sorry it took soooo long to answer. I don't visit this site much as I'm on the mailing list. I will try to replace the plugs and wires. Will let you all know. I'm also happy to have sold the Road King, so now I can concentrate on the VX some more. Will be getting a rear rotor and finally installing the braided line for the rear. I glad the sale fell through, very cool! :rolleyes: